My friends Leslie and David are in the fight of their lives against cancer. Leslie, a faithful and sweet 28 year-old woman of God, was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma last year. For the past several months, with her husband David by her side, she endured multiple forms of chemo treatments. These treatments have not eradicated the cancer. This week they learned that Leslie’s tumors have grown by 30%. As you can imagine this sort of news is devastating, even for the most hopeful and faithful followers of Jesus.
Leslie and David need you to pray for them. James 5:16 says,”…The prayer of a righteous person has great power…” Leslie and David believe that. Help them fight cancer. Help them trust in the goodness and sovereignty of God. Provide them with comfort and love – even if you will never meet them. You can do so by praying for them.
Would you fight with us by:
1) Enlisting as many believers as possible to pray for them by sharing this with your friends and family on Twitter or Facebook. Just use the share buttons below.
2) Write their names down on a card and place it in a prominent place like your refrigerator to remind you to pray for them daily.
3) Leslie has been writing and sharing deep insights about her walk with God, as well as updates regarding her cancer at her blog here: One Step at a Time. Follow her blog for updates and inspiration.
4) If you’re local – join us at NorthStar Church, where David serves as Worship Pastor, this Sunday night (2/24) at 6pm for a prayer gathering.
5) Send a note of encouragement to:
Attn: Leslie and David
9929 Sherrill Blvd
Knoxville, TN 37932
Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Will you join me?