Now, here are the quick hitters all things UT Orange:
- * Nick Stephens looked pretty good. He was significantly more accurate then J. Crompton.
* There is way too much negativity surrounding this team. The Tennessee talk radio hosts and callers lust over Nick Saban’s Alabama team – who lost to the University of Louisiana at Monroe last year, and only won 6 reg. season games. This year’s Alabama team, though dominate against Georgia and Clemson (Who has shown to be WAY over-rated) has barely beat Tulane and Kentucky. There are issues with UT football right now, but give me a break on the sky has fallen on us attitude.
* Our defense is ranked #5 in the nation, but we have to get more 3 and outs. The bend, but don’t break philosophy only works when your offense can score touchdowns (plural)
* Johnny Majors was a good coach, but has hated Fulmer since he lost his job to him several years ago. So his anti-Fulmer sentiment is irrelevant
* I told the David Cutcliffe and Eric Ainge haters to beware of what you ask for.
* There will not be an SEC team represented in the National Championship game this year. There is simply to much conference competition and the SEC champion will have 2 losses.
* Eric Berry would look really nice in a Colts uniform.
* I wish Jim Rome was back on 99.1 at noon – We have enough local shows, why are we doing away with the nationally syndicated ones?
* I like Dave Clawson’s play calling, but am curious as to why we make so many execution mistakes and penalties.
* The upgrades to Neyland Stadium are nice.
* We will upset either Georgia or Alabama.