It is difficult to lend a helping hand to someone who is 5,000 miles and 4 time zones away…but we can.
Here’s 5 simple ways to be an encouragement to Missionaries
1. Pick 1 or 2 missionaries and regularly write and encourage them. One of the great stress relievers of ministry is reading notes of encouragement from people who care.
2. Select 5-7 missionaries, get their prayer card and alternate praying for one missionary family every evening when you have dinner at home. This will also teach your kids to think about praying for others, especially missionaries.
3. Send a missionary a birthday gift.
4. Do something special for missionaries kids. Example: If a missionary family is visiting your church – give them a gift card to the local mall or toy store so they can buy something they really want.
5. Once in your lifetime go to the mission field and lend that helping hand to them personally. The average person lives for 3,900 weeks, take 1 and give it to missions.
What else could you think of??